Shun Classic Chef Knife
- With a high-carbon VG-MAX steel cutting core and 34 layers of Damascus cladding, the do-it-all Shun Classic Chef's Knife is a cut above typical French kitchen knives.
- The beautifully modern, D-shaped, ebony PakkaWood or blonde PakkaWood handle encases the full composite tang blade for balance, reducing unwanted rotation and improving grip for right and left-handed chefs alike.
- The shape of a traditional Western chef knife with the profile and lightweight design of a Japanese knife provides added endurance, exquisite cutting power, and easy rocking, mincing, slicing and dicing.
- Handcrafted in Japan, this kitchen knife is ground and honed to a razor sharp 16-degree edge out of the box. It’s balanced immediately forward of the bolster like most Shun knives for superior handling.
- Chef or Santoku, Nakiri or Paring – Shun knives glide through food when used in a back-and-forth (locomotive) motion that applies some force parallel to what's being cut, letting the edge do the work.